Wednesday 24 April 2013

Infrared Mirror: A Woman's Best Friend

When I was little, I dreamed of being on the stage. Bear with me, this is going somewhere. To try and recreate my dream at home, I always wanted a mirror with lights around it, like you would see in a West End dressing room. 
While I've grown up and realised that my dream of being on a West End stage is never going to happy, I still want one of those mirrors. 
I recently found a mirror which has these beautiful, discreet lights around the edge of it. Perfect, I thought, I could hang it in my bathroom, where I usually apply my makeup because it has better light in there than my own bedroom. 

But hold on, I thought to myself, one thing that annoys me and frustrates me while applying my makeup in the bathroom is the mirror fogging up. I needed a solution around this issue.

Then I stumbled across a genius idea. Infrared heating panels behind the mirror which would warm the surface of the mirror so it didn't steam up. This would cut down the amount of time I spend waiting in the morning. 
What's also good about these mirrors, is the infrared heating panel would heat my bathroom so no more risky trips to the bathroom in the freezing cold in the middle of winter. I wouldn't have to have that large ugly radiator in my tiny bathroom anymore and the infrared heating panels would cut down my energy bill by almost 80%.

I might install one in every room and get rid of all my radiators all together....

No comments:

Post a Comment